Salt Lake Stories
A downloadable game for Windows
In Salt Lake Stories, you are in downtown Salt Lake City, Utah, in the year 1912. You meet historical residents and play small video games related to their lives.
Inspired in part by historical materials from the Salt Lake City Public Library's Periodicals Archives and Special Collections, as well as numerous other historical sources.
The game includes four short games that feature historical characters and locations:
- Rocky Mountain Times Newspaper Maker, a puzzle game featuring Shiro Iida, publisher and editor of the Rakki Jiho, taking place in Salt Lake's Nihonjin Machi (Japantown).
- Hotel Newhouse, a single-stage, vertical-scrolling platformer in which you ascend the steel frame of the unfinished Hotel Newhouse, once a renowned Salt Lake landmark, featuring Samuel Newhouse and his Newhouse and Boston Buildings.
- Free Library Book Sort, a falling-book puzzle game with four stages featuring city librarian Joanna H. Sprague, taking place at the beautiful Free Public Library at 15 S. State Street in Salt Lake City.
- Anderson's Tower, an eight-stage puzzle platformer taking place in the Avenues neighborhood, inside Anderson's Tower, which once presided over the Salt Lake Valley, and featuring the man who built it, Brigham Young's former personal accountant Robert R. Anderson.
Designed for Windows 10.
Exhibited at the Salt Lake City Public Library during the month of November 2021.
Nominee for Game of the Year in the 2021 Utah Game Developers Awards
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- Salt Lake Stories Now Available for DownloadNov 30, 2021