The action set-pieces work great, I cared about the characters, and the ending's perfect. I really loved this story.
Orbital Paladin Melchior Y
A downloadable game for Windows
War in Space
It is the year 231 of the Frontier Era.
A nine-year war continues to rage between two mighty powers in the Earth sphere, conducted largely by heavily armed mechanized suits in space battles.
Eighteen-year-old Wick Palmer joins the small crew of the spaceship Nauvoo to take control of the Orbital Federated States' most advanced mech. Guarding a remote point in the solar system, the quiet the team has enjoyed cannot hold for long.
Guide Wick as he forges relationships with his teammates, fights off enemies, and questions his place in a war that never ends.
Written, designed, and programmed by John D. Moore.
Content warning: Strong language, death, light sexuality
- Hybrid fast-paced shooting action and story-driven visual novel systems
- Pilot a powerful mech, armed with high-powered energy bullets and an ion sword
- Get to know and establish relationships with crew members
- Multiple branching story paths
- Approximately 30-60 minutes of story.
- Inspired by classic 70s and 80s giant robot anime like Gundam, Gunbuster, and Ideon
- Press X, Z, or down to advance dialog boxes
- Press up or down to select dialog options
- Press X, Z, or Enter to confirm dialog options
- Press C to speed up text
- Press down to display full text
- Move with arrow keys
- Press X to switch between ranged (bullet) and melee (ion sword) modes
- Press Z to fire (ranged) or swing sword (melee)
- Press F4 at any time to toggle between fullscreen and windowed modes
- Press Esc at any time to return to the main menu
Autosave and Non-repetition
The game automatically saves as you advance. No character will ever repeat the same dialog. Time marches forward, and there's no turning back.
Orbital Paladin Melchior Y makes use of songs released under CC0 public domain licenses and CC-BY-3.0 and CC-BY-4.0 attribution licenses. The following artists' music are used with gratitude:
- Traditional and classical music arranged by Mick Jones, in addition to an original composition, all released by the artist into the public domain
- Multiple battle tracks and the title theme are by Jonathan So (CC0)
- "Introduction Remake+" by Spring (CC-BY-4.0)
- "Contemplation" by Joth (CC0)
- "Fallen Hero" by Machine (CC-BY-4.0)
- "Chill Lofi Inspired" by omfgdude (CC0)
- "My Friends Will Cry" by Christovix Games, as heard in Chapter Five's combat sequence
Will You Survive?
Click download now to get access to the following files: